A Slice of Revolution

Roaming the streets on lesser known parts of Singapore, my usual walk from Bugis to Dhoby Ghout and vice verse, if I'm too lazy to take the train. I chanced upon this place called Slice - the Pizza Revolution at PoMo, along the same stretch as TCC. It was about 7.30pm and I was looking for a place to have dinner with my girlfriend.

Slice - The Pizza Revolution Logo

We didn't plan to go there but what drew us in was their poster of the sun-dried tomato with fetta cheese pizza. However, to my disappointment, they ran out of sun-dried tomatoes and I resorted to the next best alternative, which were Pepperoni Power & Salmon Rocket. Not point trying something common, when you have an opportunity to try something unique.


It was like a fast food setting, where you ordered your own food, and collect it when its ready. Table and chair layout were similar to that of Subway (also located downstairs). But what made it unique was their décor, the walls and counter were plastered with popular figures of the modern world, some for the right reasons and other for controversial reasons.

Now for the food, our Pepperoni Power (below) came first and it was slightly over cooked, with the sides a little too brown. Thankfully it was just pepperoni and I guess a few seconds more in the oven wouldn't hurt. The taste of the pepperoni was not very strong, I would liked if it had a fuller body, to pack a punch and remind me of what I'm eating.

Pepperoni Power

Salmon Rocket (Foreground) & Pepperoni Power (Background)

As for the Salmon Rocket (above), it came soon after and it a relatively generous amount of smoked salmon with rocket (vegetable). I'm guessing that the dough was cooked with the tomato paste and then the salmon and rocket were added, to avoid ruining the natural smoky flavour of the smoked salmon.

Basil Tomato Soup
To accompany the pizzas, we topped us a set, a soft drink and soup. We only had a 'choice' of tomato basil soup, as the other two potions were sold out. Hint of advice, is to come earlier if you do not want to limit your choice.

The Exterior of the Shop
Overall the place is a nice find, where you can even take away you pizza - they have a take-away ordering section, just like a car-drive through but a walk-through in this case. They display their pizza in those displace fridges, usually used in bakeries and confectioneries, funny seeing uncooked pizzas in them though. There in lays their secret to how they are able to churn out the pizzas so fast. After ordering, the remove the earlier prepared pizza from the display and into the oven. The other secret is their dough, for it is thin and similar to a biscuit texture, so takes a shorter time to cook. It is a nice combination for the 'lack-of-time' working Singaporean needing to grab a bite quick. But being an Italian food person, I would be more than happy to sink my teeth into a thick chewy cheesy dough.

 Thanks to my girlfriend for the wonderful photos. ;p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Kiasu Espresso @ 100 AM

Review: Chock Full of Beans

My Attempt at Baking